Zooplankton are everywhere in aquatic environments. They are very important ecological components in the system. Our group is interested in its biodiversity function, maintenance mechanism of its diversity, and how the diversity has been created through the natural history.
Our current research topics include:
- Methods development of zooplankton diversity estimation using molecular techniques.
- We are especially focusing on metatranscriptome approach to have qualitatively and quantitatively reliable data.
- Development of taxonomic assignment DNA sequence reference database: MIDORI 2.
- Ecological functional analyses of zooplankton.
- Community ecology of zooplankton.